Considering BOTOX? Here Ae Six Things You Should Know
BOTOX® is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment used by countless Jacksonville, FL women and men to help turn back time and attain a more youthful-looking, smoother appearance. As we age, it is natural to start seeing wrinkles and fine lines appear, but did you know you can slow down the appearance of aging in a safe way? BOTOX is a wrinkle relaxer that can treat and diminish wrinkles on your upper face, including wrinkles around your eyes (known as "Crow's feet"), forehead lines, and those pesky furrows between the brows. One single treatment can last 3 – 4 months.
Read on to learn some helpful tips about BOTOX from the experts at Dermatology Southeast in Jacksonville, FL to be better informed before your injectables appointment. Dermatology Southeast is a state-of-the-art facility that offers an array of comprehensive and cosmetic services regarding skin care. We provide the latest treatments and innovations with the art of aesthetics. Our mission is to provide a safe and friendly environment with excellent service. If you are considering injectables like BOTOX, or dermal fillers, we invite you to contact our office today and schedule a consultation.
What does BOTOX do?
BOTOX is a wrinkle relaxer derived from a purified strain of Botulinum Toxin Type A that, once injected, blocks the facial nerve endings to temporarily "relax" targeted muscles. By blocking the movement of specific muscles and underlying tissues, it lessens the formation of fine lines or wrinkles that form when a person smiles, frowns, or squints. By limiting certain facial expressions, like frowning or lifting the eyebrows, it is a safe and effective anti-aging solution to temporarily smooth out those areas, requiring no extensive downtime or recovery. Jacksonville, FL women and men of all ages get BOTOX year-round.
What should I know before my first BOTOX appointment?
A BOTOX consultation and treatment session with Dermatology Southeast can take place on the same day, which is a time saver for busy patients. Upon arrival, one of our skilled experts and board-certified dermatologists will discuss any problems, review a patient's medical history, consider how BOTOX will treat certain areas. and determine where the injection sites will be. Our primary goal is to make patients feel comfortable during the appointment and openly discuss any current concerns to achieve their personal aesthetic goals.
Here are six helpful tips to know about BOTOX before the consultation:
- BOTOX can deliver natural-looking, subtle results for patients worried about looking "overdone." Dermatology Southeast has trusted providers who have years of experience administering BOTOX and other facial injectables to patients in the greater Jacksonville, FL area. A skilled, trained injector will offer suggestions to make a patient's appearance look softer and smoother without fine lines and wrinkles.
- Remember the saying, "less is more." When BOTOX injections are overdone, targeted facial muscles are unable to move. When a muscle can't move, it begins to deteriorate and can't provide the same level of support. Therefore, a little movement is okay and recommended for better overall long-term results.
- BOTOX is designed to treat dynamic lines or wrinkles that are visible when patients laugh, smile, or squint, as well as those pesky static lines across the forehead. Unfortunately, it can't stop the aging process. However, BOTOX injections can help slow it down.
- Patients considering BOTOX or other injectables can resume their daily activities following their appointment. It is recommended that patients avoid strenuous exercising for at least 24 hours and sleep in an upright position to prevent swelling.
- Do not touch the injection sites to avoid causing the BOTOX injection to spread to other areas. Patients should begin to see noticeable results in about 5 – 7 days.
- A common question often asked during the initial consultation is, "How long does BOTOX last?" Most patients usually come in every 3 – 6 months for touch-up appointments. However, it varies from person to person. Patients can help prolong their results by avoiding direct sun exposure, being more cognitive about excessive facial movements, such as frowning or squinting, and continuing to live a healthy lifestyle.
What are my next steps?
Are you ready to diminish those dynamic wrinkles or fine lines that you see in the mirror? If the answer is yes, we invite you to call Dermatology Southeast in Jacksonville, FL to get more information on how BOTOX works and how often you should get BOTOX. Start your journey to looking years younger today.